Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer means crafting!

Okay, okay, okay, I know it has been waaaaay too long since my last blog. My goal of once a week is totally shattered! I think I need a blog accountability partner! ha I am officially on summer break and loving every minute of it. My summers consist of laying by the pool, reading, spending time with my husband, a little bit of working, and a lot of crafting. I have TONS of crafts on my to do list this summer. So, hopefully I will be keeping that once a week blog goal!

We have already begun a lot of home renovations for the summer. Our three big projects are the backyard, the kitchen, and the master bedroom. The backyard is still a work in progress. We got two trees cut down, and my wonderful husband planted grass, and it is growing!! woo hoo! The kitchen is ALMOST done. We got the cabinets painted and did several "little" projects. I will post pictures of it as soon as everything is done! I can't wait to get started on our bedroom!

For now, here are a couple of DIY projects that I have done lately. The first is a monogram moss letter. I saw these at Pottery Barn and fell in love! Then I looked at the $79 price tag, and new I could not afford. So, I decided to put some of that resourcefulness into action and made one. I really like how it turned out, and it was SO easy! Super cheap too, the whole thing cost me about $5. Sorry, I am horrible about taking before and after pictures. But here is kind of what I did:
I got a cardboard box and cut it into a "w". I used a box cutter to make it really even. I then used a hot glue gun to glue on the sheet moss. THAT IS IT! SO easy!!! Here is a picture of how it turned out. I am still not sure where I want to use it. I may even tie a ribbon on it and hang it on the front door.



The other thing I found that I was really excited about was an old vintage glass bottle that again I had seen at Pottery Barn. I really loved it, and almost considered spending the $69 because I could not find one somewhere else. But then, I stumbled upon the perfect one at TJ Maxx, and to make it even better, it was $3.99. I ended up buying two because it was such a good buy. They were packaged with lemonade and all the labels included. All it took was a little hot water and soap and the labels came right off. I LOVE them! Run, do not walk to TJ Maxx and get one! :)



Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment